Fast circuit-level simulation and characterization tool
AlphaSim is an efficient tool for IC simulation and characterization of CMOS digital standard cell libraries and
creation of standard library cellsí macromodels, which can be used in timing and logic analysis tools.
- optimized data-flow of characterization with greatly reduced number of pre- and postprocessing steps;
- up to 70X speed-up of characterization due to internal integration of characterization engine
with embedded Spice-like circuit simulator;
- embedded routines for loop calculations of standard cell parameters, which provide convenient and fast
creation of macromodels of standard cells (including fast characterization of complex cells);
- automatic generation of optimal input slew / load capacitance grid for characterization;
- internal accuracy control of logic level interpolation error;
- internal calculation of delays, power, transition times on the fly;
- different setup-hold optimization modes;
- IO-cells characterization
- usage of event driven approach for circuit-level simulation, which provides high speed of calculations.
Supported data formats
- INACTIVE NODELIST
- the pure characterization time reduction: 10-80x;
- the total library development time reduction: 2-4x.
Characterization Data Flow